Edmund I "The Magnificent," King of Wessex
- Born: 921/922, Wessex, England
- Marriage: Saint Ælfgifu Queen of England 160,851
- Died: 26 May 946, Pucklechurch, England at age 25 851
- Buried: Glastonbury Abbey, Glastonbury, Somerset, England
Another name for Edmund was Edmund I, King of England.
~Weis' Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition, 1:16, Edmund, "the Magnificent," King of England 939-946, married St. Ælfgifu. 160
Noted events in his life were:
• Family. 470
Married to Ælfgifu (St.)
Edwy (Ædwig) the Fair, King of England, b. Cir. 942
Edgar the Peaceful, King of England, b. 944
Married to Æthelflaed of Domerham
• Background Information. 851
Edmund I, Magnificus, born 922, was the twelfth of his father's fifteen children. He was the first of the six boy kings, reigning between 940-946. During his reign, there was an uprising of the Danes of Mercia, as well as others in the North. While dealing with these uprisings, he showed himself to be a excellent statesman as well as a great warrior. Edmund made sure it was to the advantage of the Scottish King to remained allied with the English.
On 26 May 946, an outlaw named Lief slew him. His brother, Edred was to follow him as king. His wife, Princess Elgiva, died in 944. Edmund had a son named Edwig who became the thrid Boy King as well as his next son Edgar, know as "the peaceful," the fourth Boy King.
~Wurt's Magna Charta, p. 176
• Web Reference: The House of Wessex - Edmund I "The elder."
• Web Reference: From Early British Kingdoms - Edmund the Magnificent, King of the English.
• Edmund I from Wikipedia.
Edmund married Saint Ælfgifu Queen of England 160.,851 (Saint Ælfgifu Queen of England was born about 922 in Wessex, England and died in 944 in Wessex, England.)