Valentina Montes de Ocá
- Born: Abt 1700, Santa Fé, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 270
- Marriage: Ramón Medina on 3 May 1717 in Santa Fé, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 248,252
- Died: After 1750, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 270
Noted events in her life were:
• Census: Spanish, 1750, Villa de Alburquerque, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España. 270
Household #35. Bisente López, coyote, 25; wife, Juana Montes Oca, 16; Balentina Montes de Oca, widow of Ramón Medina, 50; orphan, Balthazar, 5.
~Spanish & Mexican Census 1750-1830, p. 76
Valentina married Ramón Medina, son of Capitain Diego de Medina and María Telles Jirón, on 3 May 1717 in Santa Fé, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 248.,252 (Ramón Medina was born about 1683 in Nueva España 248 and died in Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Diligencia Matrimonial. 248
26 Sep 1718 #1, Santa Fé. Ramon Medina (30), Presidio soldier, widowed of Juana Rodríguez buried in the Santa Fé church, son of Captain Diego de Medina, deceased and María Telles Jiron, and Valentia Montez de Oca (22), daughter of Pedro Mones de Oca and Beatriz Sedillo, deceased. ~ Witnesses: José Manuel Giltomey (notary), Bernardo Fernandez (45), Ventura Esquibel (33), Felipe Pacheo (31), all soldiers, and José Armijo (30). Pair married 9 Oct 1718 with witnesses Miguel Tensorio de Alba and wife Augstina Romero.
~ Roots Ltd., Diligencias Matrimoniales, p. 1207