Juan Varela Jaramillo
- Born: 1671, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 248,252
- Marriage: Ysabel de Cedillo Rico de Rojas on 11 Feb 1692 in San Lorenzo del Paso, Nuevo Méjico, Nuevo España 252
- Died: 1745, Alburquerque, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España at age 74 509
- Buried: 9 Jun 1745, Alburquerque, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 509
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information. 252
Juan Varela Jaramillo, son of Captain Pedro Varela Jaramillo, deceased, and Lucía de Madrid, said that he was born in New México, and was twenty-one years of age when he married Isabel de Cedillo at the Real de San Lorenzo, 11 Feb 1692. In 1719, at Alburquerque, he gave his age as fifty. Right after the reconquest, he settled in Bernalillo with his brother Cristóbal, but both later moved to Alburquerque, as may be seen in the baptisms of some of their children.
His know children were: Josefa, born on 21 Feb 1701; Juana, 30 Oct 1704; María, 20 Oct 1708; Teresa, 21 Oct 1708; and Francisca Antonia, 24 Jun 1710. Their son Pedro, married Juana Gonsález Bas in 1716, must have been older than these girls. Of the latter, Juana married Juan Antonio Gallegos, María married Manuel Carrillo, Teresa married Isidro Sánches Bañales, and Francisca Antonia becames the wife of Lázaro García.
~The Origins of New México Families, pp. 198-199
• Census: Diego de Vargas, Dec 1692-Jan 1693, San Lorenzo del Paso, Nuevo Méjico, Nuevo España. 287
Juan Varela, married to Isabel Rico de Rojas. He is ready to enter this kindowm to settle it, his majesty giving him aide.
Juan married Ysabel de Cedillo Rico de Rojas, daughter of Pedro de Cedillo Rico de Rojas Capitán and Ysabel López de García, on 11 Feb 1692 in San Lorenzo del Paso, Nuevo Méjico, Nuevo España.252 (Ysabel de Cedillo Rico de Rojas was born in 1677 in Bernalillo, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 248,252 and died on 28 Jun 1752 in Alburquerque, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 509.)