William de Braose Lord Brecknock, Abergavenny. Baron of Braiose
- Born: Abt 1197-1204, Abergavenny, Brecknock, Wales
- Marriage: Eve Marshall of Pembroke on 2 May 1230 in Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, Wales 141,737
- Died: 2 May 1230, Wales about age 32 141
~Weis' Ancestral Roots . . ., 8th Edition, 66:28 - father of Eve who married William de Cantilupe, 67:28 & 68:28 - married to Eve Marshal. 160
~Cokayne's Complete Peerage, 2nd Edition,(Abergavenny), Vol. I, p. 22, m. Eve, daughter of William Marshal, Earl of Strigul and Pembroke. He was hanged by Llewelyn ap Iorwerth, Prince of Wales.
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information. 737
William de Braose fell victim to the jealousy of Llewellyn, Prince of Wales, who suspected that there was "intimacy" between William and his wife, the pricess, daughter of King Henry's sister. Llewellyn invited Willaim to an Easter feast, and then placed him into a prison at the end of the feast. He was soon put to death, along with Llewellyn's wife, the princess.
William de Braose was married to Eve, daughter of Walter Marceschal, and sister of Richard, Earl of Pembroke, and they had four daughter and co-heirs:
• Isabel, married first to Prince David, who upon the death of his father, followed as King of North Wales. He was the eldest son of Joan, 3rd consort, and natural daughter of King John of England, and Llewelyn, the Great King of North Wales.
• Maud, who married Roger, Lord Mortimer of Wigmore
• Eve, who married William de Cantiupe, Lord of Abergavenny, and they left a son, George, and two daughter, Millicent, married 1st to John de Montalt and 2nd to Endo la Zouche, ancestor of the Zouche, of Haryngworth; and Joan who married Henry de Hastings.
• Eleanor, married to Humphrey de Bohun.
~Burke's A Genealogical History of the Dormant, Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct Peerages, pg. 72
William married Eve Marshall of Pembroke, daughter of Sir Willam Marshall Knight, Third Earl of Pembroke and Isabella de Clare Countess of Pembroke, on 2 May 1230 in Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, Wales 141.,737 (Eve Marshall of Pembroke was born about 1206 in Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, Wales and died before 1246 in Pembroke, Pembrokeshire, Wales 141.)