Diego de Montoya
- Born: 1589, Tezcoco, Cuidád de Méjico, Nuevo Espána
- Marriage (1): Ana Martín Barba 252
- Marriage: María Ortiz de Vera about 1636 252
- Died: 1661, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España at age 72
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information. 252
Diego de Montoya was an Alférez living in Santa Fé in 1628, and married to Ana Martín Barba, by whom he had a daughter Ynez de Zamora, who married Juan López. There were at least two sons, Pedro, twenty-six in 1634, and still living in 1663; and Bartolomé, who inherited his father's encomienda of San Pedro Pueblo around the year 1660.
Diego's first wife was dead by 1661 when he married Doña María Ortiz de Vera, the daughter of Diego de Vera and María de Abendaño. She brought with her three daughters from her ealier marriage: Beatriz, Josefa and Juana.
~ Origins of New Mexico Families: A Genealogy of the Spanish Colonial Period, p. 77
• Residence, 1628, Santa Fé, Santa Fé, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España. 252
• Occupation: Alférez (lieutenant) in Santa Fe 1628, 1628. 252
Diego first married Ana Martín Barba, daughter of Alonso Martín Barba and María Martín Serrano. 252 (Ana Martín Barba was born about 1610 in Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España.)
Diego next married María Ortiz de Vera, daughter of Diego de Vera and María de Abendaño, about 1636.252 (María Ortiz de Vera was born about 1616 in Santa Fé, Santa Fé, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España and died after 1680.)