Cristóbal Varela Jaramillo
- Born: Abt 1663, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 287
- Marriage: (1): Casila Cedillo López de García about 1685 in El Paso del Norte, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 287
- Marriage (2): Leonor Luján Domínguez
- Died: 7 Nov 1733, Alburquerque, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España about age 70 509
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information. 252
Cristóbal Varela Jaramillo, son of Pedro was described in 1681 as a native of New México, sixteen years old, with a family of mother and brethren; he was of medium build, with a ruddy, plump, and beardless face. Undoubtedly, he was the son, twenty, mentioned by his father as being of military age.
His brother, a minor in Rebellion times, returned to repopulate the Rio Abajo area after the reconquest.
~ Origins of New Mexico Families: A Genealogy of the Spanish Colonial Period, p.110
• Census: Diego de Vargas, Dec 1692-Jan 1693, San Lorenzo del Paso, Nuevo Méjico, Nuevo España. 287
Seventheenth Household, one son, one daughter, two orphans
Cristóbal Varela, married to Casilda de Garcia, with one son and one daughter named Gerónimo, three, and María de la Rosa, nursing; and two orphans named Antonio, thirteen, and Petrona, twelve. He states that he is ready and equipped for whatever the king, our lord, orders, but will need aid in order to be able to move, because he is on foot.
~ To The Royal Crown Restored, p. 53
Cristóbal married Casila Cedillo López de García, daughter of Pedro de Cedillo Rico de Rojas Capitán and Ysabel López de García, about 1685 in El Paso del Norte, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España.287 (Casila Cedillo López de García was born about 1670 in Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España, died about 1703 in Bernalillo, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España and was buried on 9 Oct 1703 in Nuestro Padre San Francisco, Bernalillo, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España >.)
Cristóbal next married Leonor Luján Domínguez, daughter of Juan Domingo Luján and Juana Domínguez. (Leonor Luján Domínguez was born about 1670.)