- Born: Abt 1691, Guadalupe del Paso, Nuevo Méjico. Nueva España 278
- Marriage: Teresa Jaramillo about 1705 in Bernalillo, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 252,278
- Died: After 18 Jun 1752, Alburquerque, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 278
Another name for José was Joseph Sánchez.
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information. 252
José Sánchez came to New Mexico with Diego de Vargas in 1693. He came with his father, Jacinto Sánchez, and mother, Ysabel Téllez Girón.
José Sánchez and his wife Teresa Jaramillo had three known children: Jacito II, who married Efigenia Chávez In 1732; María Gertrudis, born on July 20, 1731; and Juan, who is probably the man who married Barbara Gallegos.
~ Origins of New Mexico Families: A Genealogy of the Spanish Colonial Period, p. 281
• Census: Spanish, 1750, Alburquerque, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España. 33
1750, Alburquerque, Villa de, Nuevo México
Household #111 Joseph Sanches, Spanish 60; wife Teresa Jaramillo, Castiza, 55 ; 2 children : Juan 20, Gertrudis16; Orphans: Manuel, 12; Antonia 11; Indiana servant, 40 with children: Sebastian, 21; Miguel, 9; Francisca 25, with 2 children Maria 7; Joseph 5; Maria Antania, 14; Rosa Indian 14; Male Indian 15.
Page 81 Spanish and Méxican Census
José married Teresa Jaramillo, daughter of Cristóbal Varela Jaramillo and Casila Cedillo López de García, about 1705 in Bernalillo, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 252.,278 (Teresa Jaramillo was born about 1692 and died on 18 Jun 1752 in Alburquerque, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 278.)