Joan de Stafford
- Born: 1336, Tunbridge Castle, Kent England
- Marriage: Sir Nicholas Beke Knight 160
Another name for Joan was Jane.
~ Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition,, 32:32, Sir Robert de Swynnerton, knight, married Elizabeth Beke, daughter of Sir Nicholas Beke, knight, and Jane or Joan de Stafford, daughter of Sir Ralph de Stafford, and Kathernine de Hastang. 160
Information about this person:
• From Gen-Medieval Archives: Wife of Nicholas de Beke. 193
From: Douglas Richardson <royalancestryNOroSPAM@msn.com.invalid>
Subject: Re: de Clare, de Stafford, de Audley, Beke, Swynnerton ekkkkkk!
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 01:43:14 -0700
There are two sources which mention Nicholas de Beke's wife's identity. They are as follows:
1. 1580 Visitation of Cheshire, published in 1881, as Harleian Society Publications, volume 18, page 201: "Sir Nicholas Beck = Jane d. of Rafe L:Stafford & of Katherin Hastang"
2. 1580 Visitation of Cheshire, pg. 203: "Sir Nicho' Beck = ... d[aughter] to the good Lord Stafford"
I understand that contemporary records elsewhere confirm that Sir Nicholas Beke's wife was named Joan.
Joan, wife of Sir Nicholas de Beke, would be the child of Earl Ralph's first wife, Katherine Hastang.
Joan married Sir Nicholas Beke Knight, son of Sir Robert de Beke Knight and Mariota. (Sir Nicholas Beke Knight was born about 1320 in Tene, Staffordshire, England 160 and died after Sep 1369 in Staffordshire, England 193.)