Henry de Bodrugan Sheriff of Cornwall
- Born: Abt 1196, Cornwall, England
- Marriage: Unknown
- Died: After 1230, Cornwall, England
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information: From GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives. 193
From: "Pat Patterson" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Re: Pedigree of Elizabeth Beauchamp Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 04:28:18 -0500
[Snippets from the post that pertain to the Brodrugan line.]
--- 5th Generation ---
28. Sir Henry III DE BODRUGAN. Born circa 1263 (Ibid.) (Elliott-Binns, Med CON.). Died in 1308 (Whetter, Bodrugans.).
29. Sybil / Sibella DE MANDEVILLE (Elliott-Binns, Med CON.) (Whetter, Bodrugans.). Born circa 1250 (rough guestimate) (Elliott-Binns, Med CON.). Married NN POUWERS / PONWERS (first husband) (Elliott-Binns, Med CON.). Married Sir Henry III DE BODRUGAN circa 1287 (Whetter, Bodrugans.) (Elliott-Binns, Med CON.).
--- 6th Generation ---
56. Roger DE BODRUGAN (Whetter, Bodrugans.). Born after 1250. Married Isolde DE PYN between 1260 and 1269 Cornwall. Died in 1277.
57. Isolde DE PYN Born before 1250 Married Henry DE POMEROY before 1260 Married Roger DE BODRUGAN between 1260 and 1269 Cornwall "In the 1260s Philip's son, Roger, wed Isolde, the widow of Henry le Pomerai and dau of Simon de Pyn. She was also the great-niece of Stephen Heym, steward of the earl of Cornwall in the 1260s and a prominent ecclesiastic" (Whetter, Bodrugans.). Died in 1311.
--- 7th Generation ---
112. Philip I DE BODRUGAN (Whetter, Bodrugans.). Born circa 1230. Married Rosea (----) circa 1250 (guestimate) (Whetter, Bodrugans.). Occupation in 1265 "joint tax assessor with Stephen Heym" Cornwall. Died in 1277 Died in 1277.
113. Rosea (----) Married Philip I DE BODRUGAN circa 1250 (guestimate) (Whetter, Bodrugans.).
114. Simon DE PYN (Ibid.)
--- 8th Generation ---
224. Henry II DE BODRUGAN. Born circa 1200 Cornwall (Elliott-Binns, Med CON.). Married NN CARDINHAM circa 1215 ("There is some uncertainty regarding the marriages of heads of the family in the early 13th century. Henry himself, may have married a member of the powerful Cardinham family while his son, Philip, is believed to have joined with the daughter of an east Cornwall family with landed interests - Rosea is thought to have brought him property in Endellion parish") (Whetter, Bodrugans.). In 1226 Sheriff of Cornwall. "a collector of taxes in Cornwall in the 1230s"
Sources given above:
Leonard Elliott-Binns, Medieval Cornwall. London: Methuen, 1955.
Dr. James Whetter, The Bodrugans: A Study of a Cornish Medieval Knightly Family. Roseland, Gorran, St. Austell: Lyfrow Trelyspen, 1995