Henri Comté d’Eu Lord of Hastings
- Marriage: Marguerite de Champagne 753
- Died: 12 Jul 1139, Foucarmont Abbey, Eu, France 753
- Buried: 1139, Foucarmont Abbey, Eu, France 753
Noted events in his life were:
• Background Information. 753
Henry, Comté de Eu, feudal Lord of Hastings, son and heir and founder of Foucrmonty Abbey in Eu. He married Margaret, daughter of William de Sulli, the eldest son of Stephen, Count of Blois and sister of Stephen, King of England. She died before Henry. Henry became a monk and died 12 Jul 1139 and was buried at Foucarmont Abbey at Eu.
~Cokayne's Complete Peerage, Vol. III, 1890, p. 291
• Web Reference: Charles Cawley's Medieval Lands, Henri d'Eu.
"Henricus comes Augensis filius comitis Willermi" made donations to the abbey of St Michel, Tréport with the consent of "Margarita comitissa et fratres supradicti comitis Robertus, Willelmus major, Willelmus minor" by a charter dated 1101 [Tréport Saint-Michel 4, p. 20].
Henri married Marguerite de Champagne, daughter of Guillaume de Champagne and Agnes de Sully.753 (Marguerite de Champagne died 15 Dec Abt 1145 and was buried in Foucarmont Abbey.)