Urraca Alfonsez Condesa y Reina de Catilla y León
- Born: Apr 1079, Burgosl, Castile, Espána, Iberia
- Marriage: Raimundo III Conde de Borgoña about 1094 in Toledo, Castilla, España
- Died: 8 Mar 1126, Saldaña, Iberia at age 46
- Buried: Monastery de St. Isidoro, Leon, España
Another name for Urraca was Urraca, reina de León y de Castilla.
~Weis' Ancestral Roots of Certain American Colonists Who Came to America before 1700, 8th Edition, 113:22-24, Robert the Old, duke of Burgundy married Eleanor of Semur-en-Auxois and were the parents of Constance who married Alfonso VI, king of Castile and Leon, son of Fernando I the Great, King of Castille & León, by his wife, Sancha daughter of Alfonso V, King of León. Constance and Alfonso VI were the parents of Urraca, Quen of Leon & Castile, who married Raymond of Burgundy. 160
Noted events in her life were:
• Web Reference: Queen Urraca from Wikipedia.
Urraca was the daughter of Alfonso VI of León and Castile and Constance of Burgundy. She married Raymond of Burgundy and had two children, Sancha Raimúndez amd Alfonso VII of León and Castile. She also had two illegitimate children, Fernando Pérez Furtado and Elvira Pérez de Lara.
Urraca married Raimundo III Conde de Borgoña, son of Guillaume I comté de Bourgogne and Étiennette, about 1094 in Toledo, Castilla, España. (Raimundo III Conde de Borgoña was born in 1065 in Bourgogne and died on 19 Aug 1131 in Grajal, Iberia.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Family Background Information: 3rd cousins, 1x removed.