María Varela Jaramillo
- Born: Abt 1675, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España
- Marriage: Joaquín Cedillo Rico de Rojas in 1695 in Santa Ana, Pueblo, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 250,252
Noted events in her life were:
• Background Information. 250
Pedro Varela Jaramillo and his wife Lucía Madrid were the parents of two sons and apparently three daughters. Chávez identified the two sons, Juan Varela Jaramillo and Cristóbal Varela Jaramillo. The three sisters of these brothers have been identified from a couple of diligencias matrimoniales and a record from the Spanish Archives of New Mexico. These sisters were:
1. Lucía Varela, md. with Bartolomé Romero.
2. Catalina Varela Jaramillo, md. with Martín Hurtado.
3. María Varela, md. with Joaquín Cedillo .
~Beyond Origins, Vol. 1 Part 2
Researcher: José Antonio Esquibel
Sources: SANM II: 79; "New Mexico Roots, Ltd:" 593 (DM 1710, April, no. 20, Albuquerque), 1261 (DM 1767, Dec. 3, no. 20, Tomé), 2028 (DM 1696, May 2, no. 29, Santa Fe).
María married Joaquín Cedillo Rico de Rojas, son of Pedro de Cedillo Rico de Rojas Capitán and Ysabel López de García, in 1695 in Santa Ana, Pueblo, Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España 250.,252 (Joaquín Cedillo Rico de Rojas was born in Nueva España and died after 1695 in Nuevo Méjico, Nueva España.)